Give even a small child a pencil, and they intuitively know what to do with it. Thus–they write!! We are all writers.
BUT IF YOU CAN IDENTIFY WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING, YOU MIGHT CONSIDER JOINING A WRITER’S CLUB!!
1. You are a reader.
2. The stationery aisle is your favorite haunt.
3. You like to make up stories. (not lies, just stories)
4. You’d rather sit and watch people than shop.
5. You have characters who talk to you, tell you what to do and when–and you listen and often talk back.
6. You keep a file of names that you don’t share because you want to be the first to tell their story.
7. You keep a pad of paper and a pencil by your bedside because some of the best ideas come to you at night, and you know you’ll forget by morning if you don’t write it down.
8. You read an account of a tragedy, and want to give it a happy ending.
9. A leaf blowing past your window gives birth to a new idea for a story.
10. You realize you march to a different drummer, and there’s no parade!
FEEL FREE TO ADD TO THE LIST, READERS! THIS IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG!